[riot-devel] Configure Raspberry Pi as 802.15.4/6LoWPAN Border Gateway

Lennart Dührsen lennart.duehrsen at fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 20 21:06:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

> Why don't you host those kernels (zImages for Rpi 1 and Rpi 2) on github
> or something similar so that ppl can use them to build the same gateway
> without having to compile it on their own. Just a suggestion. :-)

great idea, I'll do that and also add a PR to update the tutorial.

Btw, I just realized I forgot one important step that needs to be
changed to work with the RPi 2 Model B:

After copying all the files and the kernel to the SD card, open
/media/<myusername>/boot/config.txt (as described), but append

> device_tree=bcm2709-rpi-2-b.dtb
> device_tree_address=0x100

Anyway, I'll do this right within the next few days and add it to
github, so stay tuned.

Best,
Lennart