[riot-devel] Pull request procedure

Martine Lenders authmillenon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 02:26:15 CEST 2015

Hi Cenk,

> Hi Oleg,
>
> Out of curiosity (and maybe to state the obvious):
> The rules you proposed would forbid WIP pull requests, right?

How did you come to this implication? If one marks a PR as WIP (either by
label because they are able to, or by stating it in the PRs description or
title) they are most likely still working on one of these points or
providing a new feature, which are most likely not able to fulfill the 3rd
anyway (but since they are only adding code, they still comparably easy to
review so this is okay, I would say). How we deal with WIP PRs is the more
important question. Usually I "ignore" them (in my workflow this means I
look over them quickly if something of great importance changed, at a
frequency of about every two weeks or so) until the PR gets out of WIP
(hopefully with a notification of the requester). Only then I start the
proper review, which would for the future also include this rule set.

Cheers,
Martine