[riot-devel] Recommended practice for device identification

Zac Harvey zharvey at pobox.com
Fri Aug 21 21:14:42 CEST 2015

I am vetting out RIOT-OS for an upcoming project where I will be
creating *a lot* of devices, each of which need a UUID.

I was hoping someone might weigh in on the best way of "injecting" a
unique ID into each and every device. Ideally this ID would be a true
UUID (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4122.txt).

For instance, is there a way to flash my binary (my app + RIOT-OS) to
one place in ROM, and then the UUID to another location in ROM, and then
hardcode the binary to "find" its UUID at the correct memory address?

Thanks,
Zac