[riot-devel] Save data in ROM

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Thu Aug 27 10:14:24 CEST 2015

Hi Baptiste,

that is actually something being planned (although with low prio). Some
of the older boards have this already implemented (look at the config
module for the msba2 and msb-430). For streamlining this all across
RIOT, I thing what we should to is to create a generic architecture like
this:

| light-weight persistent storage API              |
| some kind of (static) multiplexing               |
| low-level  | low-level  | low-level | I2C    | . |
| SPI flash  | EEPROM     | on-chip   | EEPROM | . |
| driver     | driver     | flash dri | driver | . |

Through the API on top it should subsequently then also be possible to
implement a real file system on top of this. In the end it think the
most important part is the separation of API and the actual drivers for
different storage 'devices'!

Again, this is just a rough draft, feel free to advance this discussion!

Cheers,
Hauke