[riot-devel] Query: Inter-Operability of RIOT and ZigBee/IP

rakendra thapa rakendrathapa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:22:36 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

Has anybody got a chance to work with RIOT and ZigBee/IP ?
Since, ZigBee/IP is mesh networking solution and supports 6LoWPAN header
compression, IPv6, RPL routing, TCP/UDP transport protocols
and  PANA/EAP/EAP-TLS/TLS security, I guess it should work out of the box
with RIOT powered boards and radio. Correct ?

How is low-power radio mechanism in RIOT implemented ?
>From some of the conversation in the mailing list that I had been
following, it seems we implement sleeping mechanism. If someone can point
me to a link detailing the work that will be great.

Now, ZigBee/IP also implements low power consumption by letting the devices
sleep for the Host. Does the difference in the mechanism should affect the
inter-operability ?

Meanwhile, saw the recent changes in the Makefiles for the common code. *Very
Neat..Liked it. :)*

Thanks and Regards,
Rakendra Thapa