[riot-devel] Device ID feature in RIOT

ROUSSEL Kévin Kevin.Roussel at inria.fr
Fri Jun 19 13:05:40 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if there was already a feature to determine a
mote's unique ID (when available) in RIOT.

Such a feature can be highly desirable when running a test on many
devices (I think about IoT-LAB testbed, for example), to automatically
assign/compute node addresses, or seed RNGs with numbers really specific
to each device.

If there is none, I can provide the one I have just built for my ongoing
tests on IoT-LAB M3 motes: other users could then implement it for other
motes later...

Best,
--

      Kévin Roussel