[riot-devel] Connectivity between new NG stack and loopback

Lennart Dührsen lennart.duehrsen at fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 24 19:27:49 CEST 2015

Hi Alex,

have a look at the microcoap example [1], which uses marz [2] to connect
the RIOT node with your »normal« localhost. The RIOT application in this
example is a just a server (and only reacts on requests), but it
shouldn't be too hard to extend/customize.

The marz code is a bit spaghetti like, and maybe I will build a better
solution in the near future, as I need the same functionality you do for
testing a gateway.

As for the microcoap example: beware of pip, you may want to install
Twisted and bidict manually by downloading it from the respective
websites, because (on my system) pip installed only parts of the
libraries. Also, check the $PYTHONPATH variable and which version of
python the respective file/program uses when things don't work, this
caused some trouble for me.

As soon as I know more, I'll let you know.

The method described by Cenk did not work for me, but I'll try and make
that (or something similar) work as well.

Best,
Lennart

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/applications/tree/master/microcoap

[2] https://github.com/sgso/marz