[riot-devel] LPC1768 Status, flashing, and uart0

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 26 14:58:48 CEST 2015

Hi Olivier,

I assume you are talking about this mbed-lpc1768 board [1]? Flashing
should work via RIOTs make system: just connect the board, switch into
your RIOT application folder (e.g. default) and call 'make flash' after
building:

connect the board via USB
#cd ../RIOT/examples/default
#BOARD=mbed_lpc1768 make clean all flash

afterwards just call 'make term', this will open a serial. The uart0 is
normally mapped to the onboard virtual UART port, so that there is no
need to connect an external UART adapter.

If the flash script does not work for (which happens on some Linux or
Mac systems), you can alternatively just copy over the binary manually.
Copy the RIOT/examples/default/bin/default.bin to the drive, that is
automatically created when plugging in the mbed board.

Please note: the support for the mbed board is very rudimentary at the
moment, so don't expect too much :-)

Cheers,
Hauke

[1] https://developer.mbed.org/platforms/mbed-LPC1768/