[riot-devel] Zynq/Cortex A9 port

Simon Vincent simon.vincent at xsilon.com
Mon Jun 29 11:25:57 CEST 2015

Hi Emmanuel,

On 29/06/15 08:59, Emmanuel Baccelli wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> As far as i can tell no one has done such a port. The closest is an
> unfinished port to the RiOT Board (which is also based on an A9) which
> you can probably find in the open PRs still. But this port is in limbo
> and unfinished as is, and in general we focus our efforts on boards
> that cannot run Linux.

I can't see any PRs for the A9. Do you have any more info on this?

> Can you tell us why you consider using RIOT on such hardware? We'd be
> interested in knowing about that. Moreover, do keep us in the loop if
> you plan to proceed with a port. Even though we focus on other
> hardware for now, some of us might be able to provide useful
> insights/advice.

The reason is it is our current prototyping platform and we will
eventually move to a microprocessor such as a ARM M3. We don't want to
develop all our software on Linux and then have to rewrite it all when
we move to a microprocessor.

Regards
Simon