[riot-devel] Switch to BSD?

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Mon Mar 2 15:03:26 CET 2015

Hi!

> >GPL with linking exception seems relevant in this discussion --
> >especially since eCOS, which is also a well-known embedded OS, uses this
> >license.
>
> If we are thinking about amending an existing license, we could also try to
> ease the restrictions of LGPL to fit our vision (whatever that is).

In general yes, in practise I wonder if it wouldn't be more advisable to adopt
something already existing.

Btw. I just realized during the last days that even FreeRTOS is using GPL with
some kind of linking exception: http://www.freertos.org/a00114.html#exception

panic("huh?\n");
        linux-2.2.16/arch/i386/kernel/smp.c