[riot-devel] Switch to BSD?

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Mon Mar 2 15:37:42 CET 2015

Hi!

> IMHO GPL + linking exception doesn't cut it. I'm not trying to change LGPL
> into that.

What do you think make LGPL more appropriate than GPL + linking exception?

> In my opinion the IoT world needs something that is more oriented towards
> respecting the needs of potential end users.

How is this related to GPL + Linking Exception vs. LGPL?

> If code contributions is all we want, *BSD is probably the way to go.

I thought the discussion was partly about this question and we were wondering
if this is the case or not.

> >Btw. I just realized during the last days that even FreeRTOS is using GPL with
> >some kind of linking exception: http://www.freertos.org/a00114.html#exception
> Nice example, as there are some successful products using it.
>
> Take a look at Pebble:
> http://pages.getpebble.com/pages/opensource

That's great!

# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?
        linux-2.4.0/drivers/char/cp437.uni