[riot-devel] [Gsoc2015] Help needed in getting started

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 3 10:23:21 CET 2015

Hi Kushal,

nice to hear you are interested in RIOT. Welcome!

Am 03.03.2015 um 01:03 schrieb Kushal Singh:
> Hi,
>
>      My name is Kushal Singh, I am a BTech student at IIIT-Hyderabad.
> My primary areas of interests are operating systems , computer
> organization and architecture. I enjoy kernel development :). I am
> interested in participating in Google Summer of Code this year and I
> came across 'riot-os' as an organization.
>
> I would like to start actively contributing to riot and so I would be
> grateful if I could get a few pointers regarding how to get started
> with the code-base and the reference documents.

In our wiki there are several documents that lead you through the first
steps. You may want to have a look into the (really) Quick Start Guid in
[1] or the Creating your first RIOT project in [2]. When it comes to
hardware you can use the Getting Started with STM32 boards in [3] which
goes a bit more in detail.
Please follow the procedures described in [4] (and [5]) for RIOT
contributions.

> Also, I had a look through the ideas page , and I loved this project
> titled "Project S1: Dynamic linking support for RIOT". I have all the
> needed pre-requisites for this project. So I wanted to started working
> towards this project. I would be thankful if someone could guide me
> towards a moderate/beginner level bug in this regard so that I could
> first have some idea about how things work and get started.

You can scroll through our issue list in [6] and pick up any issue you
feel concerned to. Feel free to open a pull request, discuss on GitHub
and write to this mailing list :-) !

> Thanks for all your help
> Kushal Singh
> (kushalsingh007)