[riot-devel] [GSOC] Introduction and Getting Started

James Hollister jhollisterjr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 20:09:54 CET 2015

Hi, my name is James Hollister and I'm interested in applying for Google
Summer of Code. I'm currently a student at University of California,
Riverside with an interest in programming for embedded systems.

I'd like to work on the Support for Bluetooth Low Energy idea, who should I
talk to in order to flesh out my ideas for getting this done and make sure
I'm on the right track? Also, what hardware is recommended for this? I
currently own a STM32F4 Discovery but I do not have any BLE modules for it
so I'm thinking I should buy an nrf51822 or similar.

Finally, do you have an issue that you can recommend that would give me the
best introduction to the code base?

Thanks,
James Hollister (IRC: jhollister)