[riot-devel] [GSOC] Introduction and Getting Started

Murat CAKMAK mail at muratcakmak.net
Wed Mar 4 21:43:27 CET 2015

Hi James,

I could not see BLE support in RIOT so I was planning to suggest adding BLE too.

I am planning to use PsoC 4 BLE IC.  Click <http://www.cypress.com/psoc4ble/>  to see PsoC 4BLE details.

PsoC 4BLE is a SoC which contains ARM Cortex M0 core and Bluetooth low energy radio (like as nrf51822). And also it contains BLE stack.

I have already ported RIOT to PsoC 4 BLE basically (Initialization, Timer, UART etc. ) in my local but I am waiting the result of my another “Pull Request” for PsoC 5LP port.

Because, PsoC IC portings are using PsoC Creator IDE (instead of RIOT build system), so if it will be accepted by RIOT maintainers, I will also create a pull request for PsoC 4BLE silicon.

Expected result for BLE support in the “Idea List”: Connection with a smartphone.

Same functionality can be easily done by PsoC 4BLE Bluetooth stack in ten minutes. There are some examples : http://www.cypress.com/?rID=108148 <http://www.cypress.com/?rID=108148&cache=0> &cache=0

My next step was porting BLE stack to RIOT.

I am planning to work on BLE too so we can work together or individually or what other RIOTers suggest :)

Thanks.

Murat.