[riot-devel] [GSOC] Introduction

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 6 09:35:51 CET 2015

Hello Alexandru,

welcome to RIOT and thanks for your interest in lwm2m.

We do not have the final assignment of mentors to projects yet, as we
will assign the mentors once we know which projects are gonna be worked
on to archive the best possible fit.

For discussing your approach, the best thing would be to do it on this
mailing list. This way you profit from help by everyone interested in
the community - and this is how we discuss our technical problems and
ideas anyhow.

To approach the project, I would suggest you do the following:
1. get the lwm2m specifications from the oma website [1]
2. read them and try to understand the rough design (third party sources
can help a lot here...)
3. try to sketch out an implementation architecture by naming the main
modules and interfaces
4. discuss this architecture here at the mailing list

When the rough architecture of the implementation becomes clear, it
should be easy to derive some milestones and a project plan from it.

Let me know if you have questions and looking forward to discuss the
project further with you!

Cheers,
Hauke

[1]