[riot-devel] [GSOC] Introduction and Getting Started

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 6 09:48:18 CET 2015

Hi James,

welcome to RIOT!

Best flesh out your ideas on this mailing list. This is exactly where we
discuss this kind of ideas and here you will get the best possible
feedback.

For BLE hardware I would suggest the Nordic SoC (NRF51822). This cpu is
already supported by RIOT and it allows you to get started with BLE
right away, without having to port RIOT to some new hardware first. But
before you actually look into a specific platform, I would highly
recommend to design and discuss your overall architecture first!

To get started with the code base, I would recommend to look at the
Github issues labeled as 'Newbie-Task-Candidate' and see if there is
something you find interesting. Don't hesitate to ask for more
information right in the Github issue if something is unclear.

Looking forward to hear more about your concrete plans!

Cheers,
Hauke