[riot-devel] Gsoc 2015

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Sat Mar 7 10:07:46 CET 2015

Dear Kausthub!

> I wanted to know if i can work on my Linux system itself or do I need to
> get a separate system to run it ?

For basic familiarization with RIOT and higher layer implementations, you can
use RIOT's native port [1]. However, for concrete driver development you will
need real embedded hardware.

For BLE hardware we would suggest the Nordic SoC (NRF51822). This cpu is
already supported by RIOT and it allows you to get started with BLE right
away, without having to port RIOT to some new hardware first. But before you
actually look into a specific platform, I would highly recommend to design and
discuss your overall architecture first!

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Family%3A-native
--
printk("Churning and Burning -");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/char/lcd.c