[riot-devel] [GSOC2015] Project N2

Samarth Bansal samarthbansal42 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:26:02 CET 2015

Hello!

I am Samarth Bansal, undergraduate student at Indian Institute of
Technology, Kanpur. I have 3 years of programming experience, primarily in
Python, C and C++ - though I consider myself to be language agnostic. I am
a full stack software developer. I also have a keen interest in embedded
systems and currently exploring IoT, which makes me interested in being a
part of the RIOT community via GSOC.

I am interested in Project N2 : Implementation of LwM2M. I have a question
: I guess that RIOT has support for CoAP. Does RIOT support XMPP and MQTT?
If not, out of curiosity, any specific reasons why LwM2M has been given a
priority implementation?

I am new to RIOT and have started exploring it. As suggested in an older
thread, I am trying to sketch out an implementation architecture of the
LwM2M specification. If there are any other suggestions, please do let me
know.

Thanks,
Samarth

--