[riot-devel] GSoC 15 Introduction

Muhammad Abdur Rehman Khawaja kh.m.a.rehman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 20:56:52 CET 2015

Hi,

My name is Khawaja Muhammad Abdur Rehman. I am Mechatronics Engineer and
Post Graduate Student in Robotics and Intelligent Machine Engineering. Your
projects had attracted me here as I have lot of experience in Embedded
Systems and Sensor Interface. I have experience with Xbee S1 (Developed
remote temperature monitoring System and Control), CC3000 (Image on web
server on detecting an obstacle) and a lot more..

I have read all the ideas and I am interested in:
-* Project N1: Support for Bluetooth Low Energy aka Bluetooth Smart*

I have worked in Bluetooth Technology using Bluetooth V2.0 Modules and
developed a chat server between two clients.
I would like to contribute all my expertise and skills to make BLE support
possible in a robust and efficient way.

- *Project A2: Intelligently Interacting Light Switches*

I have developed a four wheeler mobile robot which have temperature
sensor, humidity sensor, flame sensor, and gas sensor. It also have webcam
with PTZ movement using servos and a light. Sensor data display, Live video
feed and Control of Movement of Robot is all done from a Web Page I had
developed.

So it is Internet of Things device which is used for surveillance in home
as it has live video feed on the web. (All in real time with latency about
50ms).

This project is using similar technology to interact with light switches
using WiFi. I would like to start with initial settings before GSoC coding
starts so I have plenty of time for developing this in advance level.

I am interested in both projects but Project A2 is my priority.

I have started my journey with RIOT. I have compiled RIOT OS on Ubuntu
14.04.
and created my first project.

I am planning to port RIOT OS to all platform that RIOT OS supports and I
have which includes:
- STM32F4
- MSP430
- Intel Gallelio.
- Arduino Due.
- Arduino Mega.

It will help to improve RIOT functionality on these platforms.

I have expertise in all communication protocols.
- SPI (Master/Slave)
- UART
- USART
- I2C (Master/Slave).
- Wifi
- Bluetooth

I am expert in interfacing sensor modules with microcontroller.

I look forward to your feedback and guidance.

Thanks

Kind Regards
*Khawaja Muhammad Abdur Rehman*, CAPS (BIS)

*BE Mechatronics *
*Post Graduate Student - Robotics and Intelligent Machine Engineering.*
National University of Sciences and Technology
Sector H-12, Islamabad.