[riot-devel] BLE stack gsoc

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 16 18:57:42 CET 2015

Hi Kausthub,

so far we no parts of the BLE stack are implemented in RIOT, so neither
GAP, GATT, nor the link layers are implemented. For the project you have
to basically start from scratch. The only thing that is already
implemented, is the platform support for the suggested Nordic NRF51822
hardware platform as well as a rudimentary radio driver for the SoCs radio.

The starting point for this project is clearly the development of a
software architecture. As a first step, you should provide a list of
modules that are needed with a high-level view on proposed interfaces
between these. Also some sequences that illustrate the dataflow through
these modules would be very helpful to get you a feeling for the
upcoming implementation. Please don't hesitate to share your (early)
designs with the community, so we can help you!

Cheers,
Hauke