[riot-devel] Need help about RIOT radio communicate example

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Mon Mar 16 19:11:03 CET 2015

Hi Chen!

> I connect 2 telosb to 2 USB port and used 2 terminal to "make term" to each
> telosb board.

I guess you're using the default example, right?

> Then I use one board to txtsnd to other board address. But there is no
> reaction from the other board. (For native mode, the other should show
> received packets).

Do you have the possibility to use a sniffer somehow? This could be helpful to
check if it is a sender or a receiver problem. You could also try to use "make
debug" or set ENABLE_DEBUG to 1 in drivers/cc2420/cc2420_rx.c (cc2420_tx.c
respectively), to figure out what fails. The last time I checked the driver
was working, but I cannot verify right now, because I don't have any
cc2420-based hardware here.

Thomas, Kévin, could one of you verify the problem?

> I also use the .elf file in cooja simulation tool, there is no reaction for
> receiving node also.
> And I think the #1442 bug is not a matter about shell(explanation from 2014
> dec version), I think it's a cc2420 driver related bug.

Have you tried without setting the channel and PAN?

The problem UDP jokes