[riot-devel] [GSOC] Introduction

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 16 19:21:53 CET 2015

Hi Francesco,

welcome to RIOT first of all.

Cool that you are working with the UDOO boards! BLE development with
these boards would indeed be a little difficult, as I don't know any
shields without fully integrated network stack, that would allow for
access to the BLE link layer.

Porting the Xbee device to RIOT is unfortunately already almost finished
[1] - I am just sitting on the last fixes and will release a PR in the
next couple of days...

The security aspect however is not yet included. Taking this to a more
general approach (valid for not only the xbee device) is however a very
hot topic. Here I would indeed see a project for GSOC. Do you have
already any further ideas what you would like to do in this direction?
It would be nice, if you could roughly sketch our your ideas, so we can
discuss them further.

Cheers,
Hauke

[1] https://github.com/haukepetersen/RIOT/tree/add_driver_xbee