[riot-devel] ESP8266 - Easy tcp/ip support

David Lyon david.lyon at clixx.io
Tue Mar 17 00:02:30 CET 2015

Hello Ludwig,

Lately, I've been putting a lot of time into the ESP8266 wifi modules,
and learning how to get them to work.

How is the unified network driver system going?

Here's my conclusion on the ESP8266. If Riot has a unified network
driver system, it might be worth looking at trying to integrate these
modules with riot.

The trick with the ESP8266 modules seems to be to use the LUA firmware.
And use some simple serial bridging code from Riot to then talk to the
modules.

Let me know if this is an interesting option?

Regards

David