[riot-devel] NFC & Atmel AT86RF232B

Thomas Eichinger thomas.eichinger at fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 19 10:50:40 CET 2015

Hi Joël,

ad NFC:
I got me some NXP pn532 modules some time ago as I heard there is work
on specifying 6LoWPAN over ISO 14443 (which NFC is part of). Beside this
there are a lot of interesting applications you could build in combination
with constraint networks.
Sadly, I didn’t come too far with the driver, as it includes a (more) complex
communication with the module, at least for the pn532, and it was kind of a
private side project. My initial work can be found in [1].

ad rf212b:
As Joakim stated, the existing at86rf231 driver supports the rf212b as the
main functionality is the same for all current Atmel radio devices.
I’m also currently refactoring the driver, providing the ability to extend
the common functionality by very device specific features without writing
it from scratch. I have it running for the rf231 already but need some more
time to debug and entangle it correctly with all the other new network stack
work. I will open a WIP PR for this today.

Best, Thomas