[riot-devel] Benchmarks

Simon Vincent simon.vincent at xsilon.com
Thu Mar 19 10:53:45 CET 2015

Yes I tried to compile the rpl_udp example for the samr21-xpro but it
did not have enough RAM. Even with RPL in non-storing mode and a very
small routing table it would not fit.

Ultimately we would be looking to run UDP/RPL/COAP on top of the
IPv6/6lowpan/802.15.4 stack.

For the evaluation just UDP would be fine to give me an idea if a M0+
would be fast enough.

Is the size of RAM/flash for RIOT likely to increase? Currently building
the rpl_udp example results in 109K text+data, 37K bss. We were thinking
of going for a M0+ with 128KB flash and 64KB RAM but this does not leave
much room for expansion.

Am I correct in thinking that the IPv6/6lowpan/UDP/TCP/RPL stacks are
fairly complete but there is quite a bit missing at the 802.15.4 mac
layer such as beacons and security? I assume this will increase the code
size of RIOT?

Thanks

Simon