[riot-devel] [GSOC] Introduction

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 19 10:57:05 CET 2015

HI Francesco,

On 18.03.2015 19:07, Francesco Ermini wrote:
> Thanks for the Xbee driver,I'll wait the PR for testing!
>
> The security aspect is about including in RIOT the possibility to
> dynamically insert a set of encryption keys at run time through an
> external channel (I have a collegue working on NFC driver on  RIOT).
> Basically,the keys I want to exchange are those concering the 802.15.4
> protocol,but we can use the same technique for RPL or CoAP.
Sounds very interesting! There is quite some demand for this inside (and
outside) of our community. Regarding GSOC - do you have already a rough
idea about an architecture and a high-level project plan on how you
would like to structure this as a GSOC project? I encourage you to share
this with us, so we can help you to improve it!

Cheers,
Hauke