[riot-devel] C Bitfields and network_uint16_t

Simon brummer.simon at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:01:22 CET 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to define the Header Datastructure for the new TCP
implementation. I'd like to use C Bitfields in structs for the Control
Bits and would like to use the Type of network_uint16_t (That seems to
be common for most other Header Structures). My compiler tells me that
thats not possible because network_uint16_t is not an integer type.

In Byteorder.h it shows that its actually a union. Has anyone an Idea to
solve this issue? I would really like to use only network types in my
structure.

Thanks in advance.

Yours sincerly
        Simon Brummer