[riot-devel] MRF24J40 or SAMR21 (or AT86RF2xx) and FCC Certified Module

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Mon May 4 10:20:46 CEST 2015

Hi Peter,

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Peter Kietzmann
<peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Hello Drasko,
>
> regarding the MRF24J20 there is a student who will start to implement a
> driver for this transceiver soon. We already have the hardware. However, I
> assume the support may take some more weeks.

Great! Thanks for the info.

I'm not in the hurry, I am still in the phase of research and evaluation.

It is dissapointing however that apart from MRF24J20 there seem to be
a lack of affordable 6LoWPAN FCC CE certified modules.

It is still not clear to me how the certification is done in the case
of integrating SAMR21. Do we have to pass all the test for intentional
radiator (7=10 days in the lab, around $10k-$30k), or only
unintentional radiator tests should be enough?

Did anyone had experience in certifying 6LoWPAN devices?

BR,
Drasko