[riot-devel] Network API task force

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Fri May 8 14:38:38 CEST 2015

Hi!

> That doesn't answer the question.
>
> A "udp_send" could in one implementation fill a pktbuf and use netapi,
> in another implementation just call the underlying send functions and
> return only when the payload has been copied into the send buffer, not
> malloc'ing extra memory. That should be abstracted from the user, but in
> a way that doesn't force a stack to use netapi/pktbuf.

I don't see the problem. In implementation A (the nameless stack) udp_send()
calls netapi_send(UDP_THREAD_PID, pointers_to(ip_header+udp_header+payload))
and in implementation B (nanonet) udp_send() calls netapi_send(active_pid,
pointer_to(payload)).

printk(CARDNAME": Bad Craziness - sent packet while busy.\n" );
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/smc9194.c