[riot-devel] LPM idle_thread

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Sun May 10 09:34:34 CEST 2015

Hi!

> >> DEVELHELP should not be used to change the semantics of things.
> >
> > Can you elaborate?
> The system should behave the same whether develhelp is used or not.

I would claim that this is impossible. Even a simple puts() already affects
the timings, calls peripheral drivers, and may cause interrupts.

> then the application will work correctly (e.g., handle the error) with
> DEVELHELP and probably crash without. But DEVELHELP is supposed to
> expose bugs, not work around them. So in this example, the "return
> ERROR" should be omitted.

I would guess that going into LPM_SLEEP instead of LPM_IDLE has a similar
effect than calling additional printfs (which basically means that the effect
cannot be foreseen in most cases).

dprintk(5, KERN_DEBUG "Jotti is een held!\n");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/media/video/zoran_card.c