[riot-devel] NSTF - Naming the stack

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue May 12 20:26:58 CEST 2015

Hi!

> what about `ipc_stack` due to its utilization of the former? But still: I'm
> still not convinced of the reason to give it a name. All operating systems
> have a default stack but no one is bound to use it and can use their
> `ultra` stack etc. (in Linux e.g. as a library). The naming of uIP is
> mainly historic, since it started out as a seperate project. As far as I
> know TinyOS' stack has no name either.

Contiki has uIP and RIME, TinyOS has BLIP if I remember correctly. We have
ccn-lite, OpenWSN, and this one. I think we cannot compare to Linux, BSD, and
the like here. They can afford to make different modules somehow interoperable
at cost of memory, we cannot.

Won't repeat the arguments for naming.

panic("huh?\n");
        linux-2.2.16/arch/i386/kernel/smp.c