[riot-devel] Support for Stellaris Launchpad LM4F120 board.

rakendra thapa rakendrathapa at gmail.com
Mon May 18 04:23:03 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I have ported RIOT-OS to Stellaris Launchpad Evaluation board. This is just
a basic port with only ADC, TIMER and UART modules currently supported. I
have done basic sanity test on the board and it seems running fine.

These boards are very low cost and powerful boards. The LaunchPad board
features an 80MHz LM4F120H5QR microcontroller, on-board emulation and
BoosterPack XL format expansion pins. The LM4F120H5QR microcontroller has
256KB of flash memory, 32KB of RAM, 2KB of EEPROM,

For this porting, I have included strip down version of the StellarisWare
library available from TI,  which will be useful to include support for all
the Stellaris Launchpad boards. Kindly let me know your views on this and I
will start working with Wiki on this board.

Meanwhile, I had a separate query from the fellow developers.
I was also working on porting RIOT-OS to a 8-bit PIC18F uC for one of my
application. Newlib library is too fat for it and I have decided to discard
it. I was wondering if anyone is already working on small sized minimal
library for the same.
Also, can someone help me with list of functions RIOT is actually using
from Newlib. ?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakendra Thapa
Mob +91-7760038308