[riot-devel] Support for Stellaris Launchpad LM4F120 board.

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Mon May 18 10:02:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 05/18/15 04:23, rakendra thapa wrote:
> I have ported RIOT-OS to Stellaris Launchpad Evaluation board.
Nice! I've got some of these lying around, will review soon.

> Meanwhile, I had a separate query from the fellow developers.
> I was also working on porting RIOT-OS to a 8-bit PIC18F uC for one of my
> application. Newlib library is too fat for it and I have decided to
> discard it.
I've got a branch for integrating musl somewhere, but that is just a
little smaller than newlib.

> Also, can someone help me with list of functions RIOT is actually using
> from Newlib. ?
The RIOT core itself mainly uses printf for debugging. If you disable
that (or provide your own minimal version of printf), it should compile
without any C library.

Apart from that, some modules use the string functions (strcmp, strtok),
memcpy, memmove, memset, malloc, printf/sprintf, ...

Really depends on the used modules and application.

Kaspar