[riot-devel] Support for Stellaris Launchpad LM4F120 board.

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Mon May 18 10:12:54 CEST 2015

Hi!

> > Also, can someone help me with list of functions RIOT is actually using
> > from Newlib. ?
> The RIOT core itself mainly uses printf for debugging. If you disable
> that (or provide your own minimal version of printf), it should compile
> without any C library.
>
> Apart from that, some modules use the string functions (strcmp, strtok),
> memcpy, memmove, memset, malloc, printf/sprintf, ...
>
> Really depends on the used modules and application.

You could add -nostdlib to the LINKFLAGS and compile, e.g. hello-world to see
what is missing withoug Newlib. For some boards (most of the ARM Cortex-M
boards) you'll have to comment out this line:

 export LINKFLAGS += -specs=nano.specs -lc -lnosys

in boards/${BOARD}/Makefile.include.

Core and cpu itself reveals requirements for:
 * __libc_init_array
 * printf
 * strncpy
 * puts
 * memcpy

If no space is available nothing happens.
        RIOT/sys/net/include/pktbuf.h