[riot-devel] RIOT-OS on ARM SAM3X8E?

Zac Harvey zharvey at pobox.com
Tue May 19 18:00:25 CEST 2015

I was surprised to see Arduino Due (an SAM3X8E-based chip) on your list
of supported platforms, but not Raspberry Pi (any model/version), which
is also based on SAM3X8E.  On the "Future Hardware Platforms" wiki page
(https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Future-Hardware-Platforms) I see
RPi mentioned with a bulleted list of items/todos/notes.

While I like the Due, the sheer power and RAM capacity of the RPi is
enticing to me.  I would have thought that making RIOT-OS compatible for
Arduino Due would have crossed RPi off the list as well since they are
both SAM3X8E-based.

What would I need to do to get RPi supported? What if I am interested in
supporting other SAM3X8E boards as well?

-Zac