[riot-devel] Association time in mobile RPL/6lowpan networks

Cenk G√ľndogan cenk.guendogan at fu-berlin.de
Thu May 21 08:37:22 CEST 2015

Hey Adam,

I am currently adopting RPL to our new network stack and while doing so,
I also added sane functionalities which were plainly missing in the old
implementation.
This also includes sending a DIS when initializing RPL for the first time.
However,  I am just now realizing that such a DIS can get lost in our
typical LLN case - it may make sense to send a DIS periodically until a
DIO is received?
Does anyone has an opinion on this?

Forcing a DIS from userspace sounds like a good feature. It may help in
testing/debuging the dodag tree interactively.
I also thought about reseting the trickle timer from userspace to
enforce DIOs.

Cheers,
Cenk