[riot-devel] Association time in mobile RPL/6lowpan networks

Adam Hunt voxadam at gmail.com
Fri May 22 07:09:28 CEST 2015

I like the idea of sending periodic DIS messages but I absolutely believe
that it should not only be optional but  that it be configurable at
runtime.

Honestly, I am a firm believe in the idea that virtually anything like this
should be runtime configurable as long as such configurability doesn't
adversely effect battery life, code complexity/readability, etcetera in a
massive way. This is something that Linus has absolutely right with Linux;
policy don't shouldn't be written in kernel space stone; everyone had
different requirements and altering the way an OS behaves from the
(sensible) defaults shouldn't require altering mainline code and
maintaining a private branch if at all possible. Ideally everything should
be runtime configurable, if that's not possible it should be configurable
at boot, if that for some reason isn't possible it should be compile time
configurable.