[riot-devel] Open Processes Task Force

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Thu May 28 07:34:48 CEST 2015

Hi Kaspar,

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:08 AM, Kaspar Schleiser <kaspar at schleiser.de>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On 05/28/15 00:02, Emmanuel Baccelli wrote:
> > I propose to launch a task force focusing on open processes at work in
> > the RIOT community.
> +1
>
> We need to be careful not to over-design our processes, but a task force
> identifying possible improvements sounds very useful.

I agree about the danger of over-designing here.

The main idea is to make sure that the mains mechanisms at work can be
grasped by both outsiders and insiders.
The advantages looked for here are :
(i) transparency, as in: people outside this community can more quickly
understand how we work, and
(ii) upgradeability, as in: people inside the community can more easily
identify what works and what does not (anymore) and introduce changes
when/where needed.

We need to be precise only at "some" level, and "some" here should
understood as "minimal" subject to (i) and (ii) being satisfied.

Does it make sense?

cheers

Emmanuel