[riot-devel] Board Selection for RIOT

Alexander Talavari alex.talavari at gmail.com
Fri May 29 05:19:40 CEST 2015

Hello,

As part of my MScThesis i will be devoloping on RIOT and i was interest on
your suggestion on what board i should buy.

I am already testing it on my Linux Mint image but it would be nice to have
the board that plays the best with RIOT.

Best regards,
Alexander Talavari

PS I am copy pasting the description of my Thesis as proposed by my
professor fyi

RIOT [1] is an open source operating system designed for small and resource
constrained devices. Such devices are expected to be the norm in the
Internet of Things (IoT). RIOT provides support for standardized IoT
protocols (e.g., 6LoWPAN and CoAP), as well as, as for experimental
architectures (e.g., CCN-lite, a lightweight version of the CCN
Information-Centric Networking [4] architecture [2]). FIT-IoT lab [3] is a
distributed testbed that enables IoT experimentation at a large scale.
FIT-IoT provides a variety of devices that can be used for experiments,
including devices equipped with the RIOT OS. The purpose of this thesis is
to implement a simple application for exchanging content (e.g., sensor
measurements) in RIOT. The application will be developed in two versions
one using CoAP and another using CCN-lite. Both versions will be evaluated
and compared in the FIT-IoT lab.