[riot-devel] Newcomer Query: Feature list/TODO items

amit mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 18:56:32 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I'm studying masters program in Computer Science and have very recently
found out about RIOT-OS when I was looking for GSOC 2015 projects
in the area of Embedded Systems. For past few months I've been involved in
development of Embedded solution for Internet of Thing domain and have gained
some knowledge about the eco-system (Evaluation board, SDK, Toolchain,
Vendor provided networking stack, libraries, prototyping etc) for a typical
Embedded solution. (I've been mostly involved with SOCs from STMicroelectronics
and Nordic Semiconductor).

Few days back I asked on RIOT-OS IRC channel about the possibility of
participation of RIOT-OS for GSOC 2016, but I didn't get any response. I guess
it's not planned at the moment. However, At the same time, I need to work on
my Masters Thesis and I'm wondering that It might be possible that some
significant work for RIOT OS __may__ get counted towards Thesis.
On the GitHub wiki page, I could not find enough information on such feature
list or TODOs list. (However, I must inform that, so far (In two
days), I have mostly
skimmed through the information on RIOT-OS GitHub page, forked the codebase,
and have done some early setup; Toolchain, Configuring tool for
Firmware Flashing,
arranged a target board etc), hence Is there any feature list with some overview
etc ? That would be very helpful to me.

Thanks,
Amit

P.S.
The RIOT-OS user mailing list archive link is broken.