[riot-devel] at86rf2xx radio driver -- potential severe performance issues for multi-hop communication

Oleg Hahm oleg at hobbykeller.org
Fri Oct 16 19:25:57 CEST 2015

Hi Alex,  hi  all!

First of all, I have to apologize for possible spelling and formatting mistakes. I'm not used to write mails on the phone but currently I don't have  my laptop.

> CA handling is also done by on transceiver side (no software mac
>implementation required) in TX_ARET mode (except you disable it by
>change csma retries to 7).

As Andreas wrote in the other mail: it is quite common in the area of WSNs and IoT to implement ACKs and CSMA (and sometimes even address recognition) in software because many transceivers (particular older and cheaper ones) simply don't support this in hardware. However, I second you in having this handled in hardware if  available should usually be preferred for efficiency and performance. But of course only if the hardware support is working well.

Join the RIOT
http://www.riot-os.org