[riot-devel] Data_Confidentiality_IoT_security

Otmane El Mouaatamid otmane.elmouaatamid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 20:44:11 CET 2015

Hi RIOT

now i use RIOT native for simulation IoT attacks , due to Emmanuel of Riot
i want thank him for his suggestion. I tried to get out by results of
simulations but I found alot of contraintes :

goals :
 - simulation of IoT  attacks: e.g DoS,Privacy or Impersonation attacks.
-  i want focus on WSN and RFID technologies.

constraints:
- I'm new to Riot Native.
- lack of documentation and guides.

Demand:
- help,
- ideas about this subjects.
- guides if exist.
- manuals if they exist.
- examples if they exist

Thank RIOT group in advance , and I want to thank again emule for his
collaboration.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Emmanuel Baccelli <
Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi Otmane
>
> welcome to RIOT. Two options you could consider: either look at what
> simulators people use in the domain you target (data confidentiality), or
> actually use an emulator such as RIOT native [1] [2] which lets you run one
> or more RIOT instances as Linux processes, that can communicate with one
> another via tap interface + ethernet emulator.
>
> Best
>
> Emmanuel
>
> [1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/cpu/native
> [2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Family%3A-native
>
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:48 AM, Otmane El Mouaatamid <
> otmane.elmouaatamid at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi RIOT,
>>
>> I'm currently working in the area Data confidentiality on the Internet of
>> Things and I have problems on simulation tools. I wonder if there is a
>> simulation tools i can use it for  that security mechanism.
>> Key-words: IoT, security,  Data confidentiality, Privacy, attacks
>>
>> Thank you in advance RIOT .
>>

>> Best regards
>>
>> Otmane.elmouaatamid

  Otmane El mouaatamid PhD Student