[riot-devel] RIOT preview for TI cc3200

Attilio Dona attilio.dona at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:22:45 CEST 2015

Ciao Kaspar,

I agree with RIOT philosophy, so a rewrite could be a nice thing, but I
also think that this is not a top priority now, at least for me ...

If someone else wants to contribute it would be great!

One more thing to consider is that cc3200 has:

   - 256 Kb of RAM
   - an external SD serial flash card memory where to flash the image
   - an internal ROM memory burned into the chip that hosts the bootloader
   and the driverlib "ROM version" (directly from factory)

So from version ES1.33 it seems possible to link to the ROM version of
driverlib for resource optimizations (so could be a waste to throw away the
driverlib API?)

I have not tested this setup yet, but I think could be a trail to do.

Attilio