[riot-devel] msp430 thoughts

Eric Decker cire831 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 02:46:59 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am currently on TinyOS but have been examining moving to RIOT (much more
active).

I did the major port and provide support for the more modern msp430 chips
on TinyOS.  It was a pain.  The TI architecture across different models of
the cpu is let us just say not very consistent.

I've looked quickly at the approach taken in the RIOT code and there are
some issues which run into the TI issues.

I'd liked to possibly help you folks to avoid the same crap I ran into.

who are the main msp430 developers?

also take a look at my documentation (I actually documented the issues as I
ran into them) at

https://github.com/tp-freeforall/prod/blob/tp-master/tos/chips/msp430/00_Chip_Notes

--
Eric B. Decker