[riot-devel] Open WSN

Ben@vpt-systems.co.za ben at vpt-systems.co.za
Wed Sep 23 05:35:43 CEST 2015

Hi Thomas

Thank you

I have with keen interest followed the development of RIOT is and see
progress is great.

Currently I have a product running on Contiki where I use the mesh
network side to route my data through if I can not see a break out.
Coupled with "Drowsy"  I can get a decent battery life out of my nodes.
All is fine but debugging and documentation is the biggest problem with
Contiki.

I'm in an investigation phase where I evaluate all the OS's out there
(embedded of course) to address my developing needs.
I need to run on a few platforms
PIC32MX
MSP430/2
CC13xx
with preference to the CC13xx.

I would maybe like "donate" some time to RIOT and the mesh networking
side but can only do so after 16 /10 /2015
Where can I start or I can I just download from GITHUB and start?
Obviously there must be a co-ordinated effort as I have seen things get
done by RIOT'ers
Once I have something to add, to whom can I submit for approval?

Kind regards
Ben Duvenage