[riot-devel] RIOT preview for TI cc3200

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Thu Sep 24 13:29:36 CEST 2015

Hej,

On 03.09.2015 23:22, Attilio Dona wrote:
> Ciao Kaspar,
>
> I agree with RIOT philosophy, so a rewrite could be a nice thing, but
> I also think that this is not a top priority now, at least for me ...
>
> If someone else wants to contribute it would be great!
>
> One more thing to consider is that cc3200 has:
>
>   * 256 Kb of RAM
>   * an external SD serial flash card memory where to flash the image
>   * an internal ROM memory burned into the chip that hosts the
>     bootloader and the driverlib "ROM version" (directly from factory)
>
> So from version ES1.33 it seems possible to link to the ROM version of
> driverlib for resource optimizations (so could be a waste to throw
> away the driverlib API?)
IMHO that is exactly what we do!

@kaspar: in this particular case (as for the LM4F120 launchpad board) it
makes very much sense to use the provided hardware abstraction to
implement RIOTs periph interfaces, as the code used by this HAL layer is
burned into read-only ROM directly on the CPU and thus does not use any
additional memory...

Cheers,
Hauke