[riot-devel] tapsetup problem

samira afzal afzal.samira at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:09:43 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I hope that i write in a correct place. i am newer on RIOT.  I've started
to learn about it. i amm using "
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Creating-your-first-RIOT-project" as
tutorial.

In the mentioned website i used command  ../../dist/tools/tapsetup/tapsetup
-c

tap0 and tap1 created successfully. Then i used make and then,
./bin/native/my_project.elf
tap0.
the result is:

usage: ./bin/native/my_project.elf [-i <id>] [-d] [-e|-E] [-o]
 help: ./bin/native/my_project.elf -h

-h          help
-i <id>     specify instance id (set by config module)
-s <seed>   specify srandom(3) seed (/dev/random is used instead of
            random(3) if the option is omitted)
-d          daemonize
-e          redirect stderr to file
-E          do not redirect stderr (i.e. leave sterr unchanged despite
            daemon/socket io)
-o          redirect stdout to file (/tmp/riot.stdout.PID) when not attached
            to socket

The order of command line arguments matters.
samira at samira-pc:~/RIOT/examples/my_project$

could u please guide me, what is the problem and how can i solve it? thanks
for your kind consideration

--

S. Afzal