[riot-devel] Questions on Semtech SX1276 radio device driver

Anon Anonymous anon1644072 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:17:04 CEST 2016

Hi everyone!

I'm new to RIOT and I want to implement LoRa network with using existing
RIOT OS networking tools.

My transceiver is Semtech SX1276. It's famous LoRa modem for IoT. I want to
use it as physical layer for my network.

I come up with questions:

1. Where I can get information about all steps that I should perform
to implement networking based on this transceiver?
I mean from messing with SPI up to network connection.

2. As far I can see there's two good examples: the CC1101 device
driver and AT86RF2xx driver.
They're implementing a netdev2 interface, it's good choice for SX1276 radio?

3. Which IEEE specification or network type fits to the my transceiver
as upper layers? It might be the IEEE 802.15.4?

4. Maybe I missing something and there's an already existing port of
SX1276 to the RIOT somewhere?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Cr0s