[riot-devel] Questions on Semtech SX1276 radio device driver

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Wed Apr 13 14:17:49 CEST 2016

Hey,

On 04/12/2016 12:17 PM, Anon Anonymous wrote:
> 3. Which IEEE specification or network type fits to the my transceiver
> as upper layers? It might be the IEEE 802.15.4?

Take a look at the cc110x driver. cc110x is incompatible to IEEE
802.15.4, too, and uses 8bit hardware addresses. 6lowpan is "hacked" on
top of that.

In order to make 6lowpan work, the driver must report an IID based on
the actual hardware address, but created using the 802.15.4 algorithm.

What kind of layer 2 addresses does LoRa use?

Kaspar