[riot-devel] 2016.04-RC1

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 13 16:17:22 CEST 2016

Dear community,

we are making progress on our way to get RIOT ready for the upcoming
release: I proudly present the first release candidate 2016.04-RC1 [1].

For taking the next steps, I encourage (and challenge) everyone, to put
an extra effort into getting this release out of the door. Most pressing
tasks are:
- running all the tests as specified in the release-spec repository [2]
- run your favorite setups and make sure they (still) work
- review, test, and merge the open fix PRs [3] (27 to go)
- fix the open issues (or at least the critical ones) [4] (31 to go)

Out of these issues, the NDP bug [5] showing in conjunction with the
newly merged, ethos based border router [6] seems to be the most
critical one! IMHO here we need at least some king of work-around for
the release, as nodes that can be addressed for more than ~15min should
not be something optional...

So keep it up everyone!
Hauke

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/releases/tag/2016.04-RC1